Choosing a Wedding Venue
First, you have to fully love yourself before the world can bring you your “Sugarbutt for Life”, then, you have to choose where in the whole world you want to get married, finally, you have to choose your wedding venue!
As daunting as this can seem, you have already chosen the first two perfectly, so your venue should be a place that makes you two happy, and is the right size to hold all the love that your friends and family will bring when they come to watch you unite!
Lucky for us, Wedding Wire has created a fun quiz, which I took. It was surprisingly accurate recommending a beach wedding with bright flowers! Whew, that was easy! We love Wedding Wire, as it has the best vendors from each location, links to their information and their website. It makes looking for the perfect vendors for your wedding easy!
But now, WHERE??
For example, you want to get married in the Outer Banks of NC where you could have a vineyard/winery wedding, or head to Manteo for an elegant reception at 108 Budleigh or an outdoor soiree at Roanoke Island Festival Park or stop in Kitty Hawk or Nags Head at one of the beautiful piers. In between these gorgeous locations are more gorgeous locations! Beach homes perfect for ceremonies in the sand with poolside receptions, Sanderling Resort, a venue that includes the ocean and sound in Duck, NC, historical Whalehead Club in Corolla, NC or scoot on up to Carova, where the wild horses live for one of the fabulous event homes accessible only by beach! We haven’t even touched on the golf clubs, country clubs, aquarium, marinas, gardens or Hatteras Island!
AHH! So many choices!
Here are a few things to consider….
- Do you wan to get married on ON the beach, over the beach, near the beach? Or do you want to have your ceremony on the Outer Banks so you and your guests can visit the beach during your stay but say your vows at another location?
- Do you want to have a backup plan in case of rain or plan for umbrellas and rainbows?
- Do you want your reception at the same location your guests are staying or do you want to provide transportation at the end of the night?
- What month will you be getting married, consider the weather, time of day, moon (high tide is super high when there is a full moon), the tide charts, potential for storms/hurricanes…
- How far do you want your guests to travel to and from your ceremony/reception or after they fly in for your destination wedding?
- Once you have chosen the location, are they available on the date you want to get married?
Trust yourself and your feelings, you will feel when it’s the right venue! Have fun, relax and enjoy every step of the way!!